Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Snow (It's back!)

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    so will there be school or wont there in your alls opinion?
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    Here in Coeburn the roads aren't covered in snow like the picture above, but they do appear to be wet and therefore are probably a bit icy.. Not sure about the roads up on places such as Sandy Ridge, though, since the roads here are likely used a bit more.

    Not snowing anymore, though.

    How is it looking in Wise?
    Officially retired

  3. #13
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    i'd say no school tomorrow

    buddy of mine wrecked in Wise earlier around 6 or 7, so the roads are already pretty icy in some places...
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    wise county schools are on a two-hour delay.

    first time they've ever done that.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    Here in wise thers snow and the roads arnt covered but look wet but then again i live in the middle of town
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    Dickenson county school are already closed.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  7. #17
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    I thought the school systems went to a 2hr delay or closed schedule. no more 1hr or 90 min dealys. the only 2 options were 2hrs or closed????
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    Most of the other county school systems were using 2 hour delays from what I remember last year, but Wise County almost always (if not literally ALWAYS) went to a 90 minute delay..

    Not sure what made them switch to a 2 hour delay, but I guess I can't complain with an extra 30 minutes to rest up.

    Of course that's 30 more minutes for everything to clear up, too, but I don't really care. If they're going to close it, they'll close it.
    Officially retired

  9. #19
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    I heard it was to cut down on confussion. parents hear 1hr delay then it is moved to 90min then 2hr so they wanted to cut down on any confussion and do a 2hr delay or closed if I remember correctly
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #20
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Snow (It's back!)

    Ill be surprised if they go tom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •